Let's Change The Story.
The videos we create fuel global curiosity and a lifelong passion for social change.
Let's help youth explore the breadth and the depth of the human experience.
Our struggles and our beauties. Our differences and our similarities.
Let's teach empathy, compassion, and social change skills.
Early in life, every day, and everywhere.
Join Us On The Path To 365
We're on a mission to create 365 Empathy Challenges in 50+ countries.
Join us. Let's ensure that all children can grow up learning about
new cultures, perspectives, and people every single day.
Let's ignite their passion for social change.
Is there a country you really care about? A city? A culture?
Do you really want children to learn about superfoods and the people who grow them?
Or about an urban gardening initiative in Mexico City? Healthcare in Kenya? Global impact investing?
Mindfulness as a daily practice? Kindness in schools? Solar energy in Costa Rica?
Tell us what you're dreaming of and why. We're all ears. And hearts.
The Local Story
$10,000 - $15,000
- 1 Wordless Video
- 3 Written Human Narratives
- 3 Classroom Lesson Plans to tie the videos and stories with academics
- Smiles on thousands (eventually millions) of students' faces as they use these stories to learn empathy, understanding, math, reading, and writing!
The Regional Series
$30,000 - $50,000
- 3-5 Wordless Videos across a country or region
- 9-15 Written Human Narratives
- 9-15 Classroom Lesson Plans to tie the videos and stories with academics
- 1 Visual Lesson Plan showing a story used in classrooms
The Global Journey
$100,000 and up
- 12+ Wordless Videos across 2-4 regions and 2-4 topics
- 36+ Written Human Narratives
- 36+ Classroom Lesson Plans to tie the videos and stories with academics
- 2-3 Visual Lesson Plans showing the stories used in classrooms
Let's Create Together.
Together, we can expose youth to important issues and missions every single day.
Let's make this world a reality through empathy-encouraging stories.
Let's facilitate the journey from our heads to our hearts
early in life, every day, and everywhere.
Join Our Core Team!
Try an Empathy Challenge!
Sponsor A Classroom!
Fund Stories You Care About!
Students: share your perspective!
Teachers: share your perspective!
© 2013-2018 BetterWorldEd.org, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation.
The Fine Print:
Using these Empathy Challenges may encourage the consistent desire to be mindful, empathize with others, understand new perspectives, think critically, act creatively, collaborate with others, learn about the world, and to pursue a life focused on leading positive change in our world. We find that tends to happen a good bit.
For best results: Use Early in Life, Every Day, and Everywhere.
Please don't refrain from opening your heart, mind, and arms to new people, perspectives, and possibilities.