A sliding scale with teachers in mind.
Since 2015, we've relied on the generosity of philanthropists to sustain our efforts.
We've learned a lot, created a lot, and we now have an offering we're proud of.
To grow our Social & Emotional Learning content forward, it will take all of us.
That's why we're introducing Adaptive Plans.
Together, we can build a content experience that opens every heart and mind.
Let's help our students create an equitable, inclusive world.
We believe that no two classrooms, schools, or school networks are the same.
Your needs may be different. Your capacity to contribute may be different.
That's why we offer a sliding scale, rather than a fixed cost.
Empathy is for every school, regardless of capacity.
- A Huge Thank You, Smile, and Good Vibes!
- Empathy Challenge Videos
Teacher / Parent
($4/month - $40/month)
- 100+ Written Stories about the people from EC Videos
- 100+ Supporting Lesson Plans & Ideas for Activities/Projects
- Full Visual Lesson Plans
- Bonus Footage (Interviews of people in Empathy Challenges, Extra scenes/moments, "Place" intros, and more)
- Email Support
- Access to Global Literacy Deep Dive Modules
- Searchable Platform (v2 coming soon)
Tell Us About You!
- Academic Worksheets (coming soon)
- Lesson plans that work for all of the videos and stories (not specific to one video) in a cross-disciplinary approach
- Virtual Intro Workshop
- Support To Assess Teacher & Student Impact
- $5000 and up: A chance for your teachers and students to choose 1-2 of our upcoming story locations and/or topics!
District / Org
- Potential for In Person Workshops
- Offline access to resources through USB/flash drives
- A chance for your teachers and students to choose 3+ of our upcoming story locations and/or topics!
Hear Dr. Tony Wagner's
Tony Wagner shares how curiosity and real world problem solving through this unique approach can ignite student motivation and can nurture social, emotional, and academic learning -- and changemaking!
Students from Norman Rockwell Elementary School share what they think after using Empathy Challenges in their classroom in Redmond, Washington.
Hear Student Perspectives!
Students from Envision Education's Impact Academy share what they think after using Empathy Challenges in their classroom in Hayward, California.
World Class Social & Emotional Learning
We did some math.
It costs us about $2500 to support a school each year.
For individual teachers or parents, it costs $100-$150 each year.
Our dream: if you can afford more, you'll choose to contribute more
so that together, we can reach every classroom on the planet
to bring empathy and global literacy everywhere, every day.
Wish you had this content when you were in school?
Want to ensure children have it in school today?
Just want to donate to support the cause?
Wonderful! We are so grateful for your support.
Join Our Core Team!
Try an Empathy Challenge!
Sponsor A Classroom!
Fund Stories You Care About!
Students: share your perspective!
Teachers: share your perspective!
© 2013-2018 BetterWorldEd.org, a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation.
The Fine Print:
Using these Empathy Challenges may encourage the consistent desire to be mindful, empathize with others, understand new perspectives, think critically, act creatively, collaborate with others, learn about the world, and to pursue a life focused on leading positive change in our world. We find that tends to happen a good bit.
For best results: Use Early in Life, Every Day, and Everywhere.
Please don't refrain from opening your heart, mind, and arms to new people, perspectives, and possibilities.